Monday, June 23, 2014

GO FOR IT !!



You have a dream, goal, or aspiration. Go for it !! Take action towards it. Do not worry about the past mistakes that you have made. Do not worry too much about how you will make it happen. The important thing is to take the initial action and get the momentum going.

It is amazing what you can accomplish when you focus on the WHAT, and stop worrying about the HOW.

In order to accomplish what you want:

- you must stretch beyond where you are now

- you must make decisions you are NOT intially comfortable with

- you must work muscles that you may have not used in a long time

- you might have to travel to places you have never been

- you may have to meet people whose presense, background, or accomplishments make you feel nervous.

- you may have to desolve old relationships and create new ones


YOU MUST make a decision and take action; and then KEEP taking action !!

Do not allow any EXCUSE or FEAR created by your past, or present situations to intervene with you TAKING ACTION !!

YOUR HAPPINESS TODAY & TOMORROW is dependant on you making a BOLD DECISION. YOU HAVE EVERYTHING TO GAIN !!!

3 comments:

  1. Luke - Well said. You have reminded me of a couple of famous quotes. The first is from Calvin Coolidge:

    " Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan Press On! has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race.”

    The second is from German General Hans von Seeckt on the supremacy of action. To see it I refer you to Chapter 3 Marine Corps Doctrinal Publication - 1. It is too much to type right now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This speaks volume and is so true. A few months ago I was trying to get back into a workout schedule with my hectic work hours. I tried the previous 1 hour workout after work, but I would be too exhausted as I've been working 12-14 hour shifts. I decided to walk during my breaks at work. Onlookers would giggle, make comments and say I would give up. I didn't. I have lost 12lbs. I am staying fit and though I don't get to do my weight training... I am satisfied with my results. Had I listened to the ridicule and questioned my goals - I would have failed to keep on working out and my will to stay healthy. Never allow yourself to succumb to other's speculation of what your dreams and desires are reinforcing any doubts you have which can deter you from your goals in life. Be persistent, make a plan, if the first plan does not work keep pushing forward. Too many times a person gives up just before they are about to succeed! By the way, they are no longer giggling but cheering me on! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow !! Vicky you will often find that many people criticize to distract the world away from their own shortcomings. Others join in to criticize to be a part of the group. This is unfortunate. When we stay focus and remember that the challenge, struggle and upcoming victory has nothing to do with their criticisms amazing things happen. I am so glad that you stuck to your goal. You may have inspired one of the criticizers to become a supporter. ROCK ON !!

    ReplyDelete