Thursday, November 20, 2014

ONE STEP !!

I had a dream of motivating people. Talking to individuals and getting them to bridge the gap from where they are to where they want to be.  For the longest time I constantly thought about how much money it would cost to get certifications for coaching, money to take professional photographs, the extensive time it would take to network and build up a following, the fear of rejection, potential losses of investments. The list of drawbacks, procrastination and negatives went on and on.


My fears were willing to  have me struggle day after day, week after week, year after year  hoping and wishing for what I truly wanted in life.  My excuses were more than willing to have me spend my day up to my NECK in worries and problems.  Yet I wasn't willing to JUMP KNEE  deep in to an opportunity to bring about the change I wanted in my life.


My life remained on pause....a constant review of the past and my current situation I wasn't willing to change....until I took one step.  Not just thinking about making a step....I actually took a step and took ACTION.  That ACTION created MOMENTUM.  That MOMENTUM encouraged me to take another step, and more steps.


The result is that I am now an experienced speaker within Toastmasters (The international public speaking organization), was able to be featured on a live TEDx Talk event in Fredericksburg Virginia, won 1st place in a humorous speech contest, and I'm now part of the John Maxwell Team as a speaker and coach. (John Maxwell is a world recognized leadership guru, speaker, and author of over 70 books. His book "The 21 Irrefutable Laws of Success" has been translated in more than 40 languages)


What you want is within your grasp. You just need to take a step !!


TAKE A BOLD STEP !!


Set a date, or do it tomorrow !!!  Write what you want to accomplish in the comment block on this blog,and then come back and tell me when you have taken the step.


You already have all the potential you need. I want to see you achieve your goal.


Life is meant to be lived, not just thought about being lived.

No comments:

Post a Comment