Wednesday, December 20, 2017

GIVING YOUR FUTURE COLLEGE STUDENT A HEAD START ON SUCCESS !

 






This week I had the honor of meeting speaker and author Linnita Hosten. As she, my business partner Tramaine Crawford, and I talked in the Starbucks while sipping on coffee at National Harbor, in Maryland I immediately realized how passionate and dedicated Linnita was to her passion of adding value to others by sharing her experiences, knowledge and wisdom.   Author's often swap books when they meet just like athletes swap jerseys. I handed Linnita my book The Wright Thought and she handed me her book The College Strategy.



Oh boy ! This is the book I should have had years ago when I graduated from high school and then went off to Towson State University.  This book is the playbook that  informs college student how to fully maximize their college experience, take advantage of college resources beyond the classroom, athletic games, and cafeteria.  This is the easy to read resource, less than hundred page book your future college student needs to maximize the funds that will be paid for their education.

Imagine your student graduating with:
* leadership experience that is needed for the workforce
* A network of influential contacts that he/she can reach back to for guidance after they have graduated
*  experience in writing a resume that extends beyond being a student and working at the local store in the mall

This book is perfect for your future and current college student.

Here are some golden nugget quotes from Linnita's book.

"Leadership is learning to be "a person of people" with order and integrity. It also takes the ability to influence even those you may not agree with."

"When Jessica graduated, she left the team to me. Everything from recruitment, tryouts, budgeting, fundraising, performance wear, community service, music editing and performance material were my responsibility. I went from being in the formation's back row for two years to being the leader of the pack."


"Once you set foot on your college campus, who you were and what you did in high school is old news."

Invest in a copy of  The College Strategy today to find out how to "create out-of-the box experiences that will challenge your ability to critically think, solve problems, and develop new ideas."

check her out at
http://www.linnitahosten.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment