Tuesday, March 1, 2016

When You Don't Feel Like Doing What Your Goal Requires



Right now I am struggling with a great message to deliver to you. I'm searching for something to say that will have a significant impact on you.  My energy level is low and my thoughts are scattered. I contemplated not writing a blog for this week, but I made a commitment to myself to release a new blog post every Wednesday.  The normal level of motivation I usually have is not there right now. I'm not a robot so I understand this happens from time to time. At times like this we feel like packing up and vegetating in front of the television with a pint of Ben and Jerry's ice cream watching our favorite show, or surfing youtube  watching random videos on whatever comes to mind. Maybe we decide to commensurate with the nearest person about all that is not going our way, and those things that could be better if only this or that would occur.

There are times when the alarm goes off in the morning and we are unable to foster the energy, focus, or drive to do what we know we are supposed to be doing.  Maybe our presence is required at the gym on the treadmill. Maybe our butts are needed in that chair at that desk reviewing those notes for an upcoming exam. There are numerous examples and scenarios I could name and cover. The point is we don't always feel like doing what we are supposed to be doing. When asked why we so often reply "I was not motivated"," I didn't feel like it", or I wasn't in the mood.
Image result for i don't feel like it
MANY times we will not be in the perfect mood we desire to start, proceed with, or finish a task. The desire, mood, or motivation doesn't always come from thinking about doing it, but from actually DOING IT.  The need to make the product or effort we should be involved in perfect may prevent us from getting started, creating momentum and making progress. don't feel like it
Get on that treadmill, sit at that desk, write that book, work on that plan. Don't let the desire for perfection prevent you from having any progress at all. Once you get started you may find that slowly but surely the motivation starts to creep in and energizes you. The progress of seeing the increase in miles on the treadmill, or words on the paper you have written will inform your brain that progress is being made, and you will feel BETTER about yourself.

This was not the perfect blog, but it's the progress I have made with writing the blog that counts.
Image result for making progress
Please share with me what you are about to do the will create the momentum and produce the progress you desire.

The motivation is there. Sometimes we have to show up and meet it.

Luke Motivates

"Don't Find an Excuse. Find a way."



2 comments:

  1. Luke, The simple fact that you committed to yourself and despite not feeling it, took action speaks volumes!! Keep up the motivation and your dedication. This blog was real and truly spoke on something we all feel. Thanks for motivating me!!!

    ReplyDelete